Website Canadian Tire
This position provides unique insight into Canadian Tire’s Corporate Function Departments (currently including CEO, Finance, Audit & Risk, Talent, Security, Legal, Business Architecture and Communications) across all business units.
- Ad hoc analysis as required.
- Develop, coach, and lead a team of analysts.
- Break down silos and work horizontally to ensure the financial impacts of key strategic enterprise initiatives are accurately reflected within the financial plans and forecasts and enable continuous reporting on financial impacts related to these initiatives.
- Partner with senior leaders of the Corporate Function groups in developing cost benefit analysis for various projects and support ad hoc requests
- Manage the preparation of annual budget, monthly reporting, and quarterly forecasts and the maintenance and build of appropriate models to assist with analysis and reporting.
- Support the continuous improvement of the financial planning, forecasting, and reporting processes within the team and the greater forecasting and planning group to improve efficiency and quality.
- Be a subject matter expert in special projects (related to various corporate development and/or cross BU initiatives).
- Accountable for developing, maintaining, and evolving new and existing financial models.
- Develop expert knowledge and be the subject matter expert of Corporate Functions results
- Liaise with the Operating Efficiency and Enterprise Investment Planning teams on project planning for Corporate Function areas, including all Planview and CBA business case requirements
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and Hyperion products is considered an asset.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (specifically with Excel and PowerPoint).
- Completed an accounting designation (CPA – CA, CMA, CGA), CFA, or MBA
- Experience in transforming /efficiently evolving processes
- University degree in Business, Commerce, Accounting, or Finance
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization in a professional and competent manner.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Results oriented and organized, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities, maintaining attention to detail while retaining focus on the “big picture”.
- Minimum of 5 years business experience in an analytical field with exposure to IFRS and solid understanding of the financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow statements)
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment while being a self-starter in driving process change within the organization.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
Company: Canadian Tire
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A