Website Canadian Tire
The Merchandise Data Analytics team is on the leading edge of retail analytics, providing data driven insights to support our corporate strategies and initiatives. As Sr. Analyst, Data Analytics you will lead all planning and forecasting initiatives from a data perspective. You will be responsible for building the tools and integrations required to run our financial reporting and downstream activities while providing supporting analysis to drive recommendations. Leveraging the latest retail analytics software available, you will help our business leaders quickly visualize and understand data to make well informed decisions. You will support the Merchandising teams by creating dynamic reporting, visualizations and tools that will help drive our strategic vision and ultimately aid in achieving our financial plans.
- Drive processes related to optimizing our markdown strategy and location level pricing.
- Support the business with ad-hoc data requests to help them answer questions or provide data driven recommendations
- Support the financial planning process by optimizing sales, inventory and receipt forecasting to help drive strategy and align the business to achieve our plan
- Take an active role in understanding each department’s activities to gain a deeper understanding of the business and help integrate their strategies into one holistic vision
- Champion the Data Science capabilities and service offerings within the organization
- Provide the business with a full analytical service offering. This includes developing operational reporting and executive dashboards, providing analysis, conclusions and recommendations for the business
- Use predictive/statistical modelling techniques and traditional analytics to identify and quantify sales drivers, conduct what-if scenario analysis and measure the causal impacts
- Ability to work independently and in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to clearly communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-starter attitude with willingness to learn and master new technologies
- Experience with Alteryx, ThoughtSpot, Tableau and/or other data manipulation and visualization software would be considered an asset
- Proficiency with programming in Python, Spark, SQL. Knowledge of R and VBA would also be an asset.
- University degree in data science, math, computer science, statistics, business, or related fields
- Ability to formulate or quickly understand business problems, find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data
- 4+ years work experience in various roles within data analytics, forecasting or merchandising
Company: Canadian Tire
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A