Website Canadian Tire
To help define where and how we work, CTC has introduced Hybrid Workplace Personas. While each role fits into a different persona category, this may evolve as employees progress in their career or business needs change. The Brand Manager position is categorized as a Roamer, which means that the incumbent can successfully complete their role objectives virtually and are not required to be present on a CTC campus unless they choose to do so.
- Leading brand management processes, including competitive analysis, assortment architecture mapping, tactics planning, financial forecasting, measurement / ROI, and governance.
- Driving strategic brand efforts working closely with external agencies as required.
- Provide building blocks and critical inputs to annual and multi year financial plans with a focus on sales and brand penetration.
- Working closely with core cross-functional and external partners throughout the product development cycle to launch innovation, and ensure execution within brand guidelines.
- Analyzing and understanding the market, retail sales data, forecasting inputs, and industry trends to be able to align the vision for the brand within the corporate architecture and drive to desired outcomes.
- Leveraging consumer data (both internal and external) to drive meaningful insights to capitalize on opportunities and inform decisions across the portfolio.
- Managing the implementation of strategic brand initiatives including the creation and presentation of briefs, integrating efforts across Merchandising, Product Quality, Strategic Marketing, Packaging, Insights, Product Development, and other Go-To-Market support functions.
- Contribute to professional development efforts through ongoing development, attending relevant conferences and continuing education courses.
- Spearheading Legal (Intellectual Property) claims as relevant across the portfolio in support of Marketing objectives, and related to the respective portfolio.
- Mentoring and managing direct reports and project budgets.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills, including the ability to comfortably and effectively present in front of different types of audiences.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally; demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence and negotiate.
- Experience in managing direct reports and cross-functional teams.
- MBA or Undergraduate degree in Business with major in Marketing, or a related field.
- Strong financial planning and analytical skills.
- 7+ years brand management experience, ideally from a Global, consumer packaged goods company or private label experience within a mass retailer. Experience in Food Marketing and or Hard/Durable Goods within the Cooking space an asset.
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives.
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward.
- Experienced business leaders with solid financial acumen.
- Solid project management experience, with the ability to lead multiple cross-functional projects.
- Strong storytellers, with a proven ability to translate diverse sets of data into insights and build excitement to drive change.
- Consumer-centric brand builders with proven track record of strengthening brand health and delivering business results.
- Creative thinkers who take initiative and are capable of building, launching and managing projects/programs that drive results for our customers.
- Agile, analytical, and innovative leaders, who excel and lead through an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment.
Company: Canadian Tire
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, USA
Application Deadline: N/A