Website Canadian Tire
To help define where and how we work, Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited has introduced Hybrid Workplace Personas. While each role fits into a different persona category, this may evolve as employees progress in their career or business needs change. Reporting currently to the Associate Vice President, Legal Counsel, the successful incumbent of the Senior Law Clerk/Paralegal position will be able to successfully complete their role objectives virtually and will only be required to attend at a campus location on an as needed basis.
- Review marketing and advertising, including but not limited to, flyers, guides, required disclosures, packaging, misleading representations, performance claims and substantiation, contests, loyalty programs and communicate legal requirements and/or required changes to the business.
- Attend meetings, create notes and provide feedback to Legal Counsel.
- Address questions and concerns from internal business partners and be able to articulate and draft responses explaining the rationale and underlying principles driving any feedback provided by the Legal Department.
- Build strong working relationships with business partners in the Marketing, Merchandising, Brand, Product Quality and Product Development Departments and throughout the organization, as well as with external law firms and lawyers that assist the Legal Department.
- Assist with other initiatives and responsibilities in the Legal Department as required.
- Assist with the review and drafting of contracts, letters, responses, and complaints.
- Provide legal guidance with respect to projects and business initiatives.
- Assist with quarterly litigation reporting, year end litigation audit and the collection of documents for litigation.
- Ability to work independently and manage and prioritize deadlines and escalate risk where necessary.
- Outcome focused, critical thinker with the ability to analyze and visualize to ensure continuous improvement across our entire business.
- Collaborative team player with superior influencing skills who builds relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward.
- Action oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and taking calculated risks to better serve our customers and business.
- Creative and courageous, with the ability to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold, strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a law firm, in-house legal department or retail/corporate environment is mandatory.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills combined with meticulous attention to detail and decision-making skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Outlook and Adobe.
- Experience drafting contracts and experience with employment law an asset but not mandatory.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as a law clerk/paralegal with a focus on marketing and advertising.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid reading comprehension skills.
Company: Canadian Tire
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A