Website Canada Post
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Relations, in collaboration with Employee Relations Specialist, this role will be sourcing and recruiting top talent while working closely, in a consultative capacity, with the hiring managers. Provides subject matter expertise relating to the current and future talent market. Acts as an ambassador and represents Canada Post Corporation’s corporate values in all interactions.
- Appeals to potential candidates by articulating a compelling Employee Value Proposition (EVP) aligned to their needs and consisting of a combination of Canada Post Corporation and the specific job’s EVP including details relating to Total Compensation.
- Works with the hiring manager to identify a profile for a successful candidate in order to initiate a recruitment plan. Connects candidate’s transferrable knowledge, skills and abilities with job requirements to identify potential candidates that can be successful in a role.
- Organizes and conducts candidate interviews with hiring managers. Ensures interview questions relating to the job’s responsibility are validated with hiring manager. Conducts interviews resulting in excellent candidate experiences. Follows up with candidate regardless of outcome and ensures candidate maintains a favorable impression of CPC.
- Maintains up-to-date workforce market intelligence based on current economic climate, demographic shifts, and changes in government policies etc. that can affect CPC’s ability to hire and retain employees. Aligns CPC’s future demands with available supply in order to identify potential risks and mitigation strategies.
- Develops and implements sourcing strategies including headhunting from competitors, leveraging social media, participating in job fairs etc. Sources both active and passive candidates with the intent on identifying, connecting and recruiting the best talent.
- Uses CPC’s applicant tracking system to manage applicant pools and to move candidates through the recruitment process. Leverages this system to collect data and create reports in order to analyse and coordinate recruitment efforts.
- Advises hiring manager in all aspects of recruitment cycle, including cross-functional skills that can add a competitive advantage, potential weakness identified in candidates etc. in order to equip manager with all the information required to make an informed decision.
- Plans, recruits, assesses and hires candidates for jobs in high volume or strategic areas while ensuring consistency in high standards to ensure Canada Post retains employees that will meet the business needs.
- Networks through different mediums (i.e. meetings, calls, social networks) to identify and maintain a strong pool of potential candidates. Maintains a pool of candidates to draw on when new openings are available by sustaining continuous relationships with potential candidates.
- Conducts exit and stay interviews with employee to capture employee’s experiences. Provides suggestions and recommendations to team leaders based on feedback in order to ensure continuous improvement to New Hire experience.
- Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Applicants who identify as having a disability shall be given priority in the candidate selection process.
- 2-4 years of related work experience is required.
- Completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or equivalent (GED) is required AND
- Completion of post-secondary (College/University) course(s) in a related field is required.
- Disability is defined as a persistent or episodic physical, sensory, or mental health condition and/or functional limitation. Disability includes both visible and hidden conditions and/or limitations that may impact vision, hearing, mobility, flexibility, dexterity, pain, learning, developmental, mental/psychological, and memory
- To support data collection: This is a special measure employment equity initiative and as a result it is important to self-identify to ensure that this asset is recognized.
- At Canada Post, we are excited to spotlight Indigenous communities within our hiring practices as we celebrate the important heritage of our great Nation.
- Applicants who identify as Indigenous shall be given priority in the candidate selection process.
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A