Website Canada Post
On a relief basis, supervises the mail delivery and mail processing operations within a Local Area. This includes the activities of letter carriers, RSMC’s and CUS assigned to deliver the mail as well as the efficient manual processing of mail on assigned shift. Acts as the “voice of the company”, sharing performance expectations, business updates and results regularly with team members.
- Maintains administrative records on volumes processed and employees’ time and leave in SAP. Performs administrative tasks related to the operation of the shift. Produces reports, resolves related data issues and performs other administrative tasks associated with a team leader role.
- For mail delivery, supervises the daily operation of a team to ensure the safe and efficient sortation, routing and delivery of mail in accordance with regulations procedures and instructions.
- Promotes and implements work place safety and health programs for their work unit. Coaches and directs employees on safe work practices in order to reduce accident frequency and severity; conducts investigations, and reports and follows up on accident incidences. Addresses and resolves health and safety issues in a timely and efficient manner and may participate as a member of the local health and safety committee. Oversees the return-to-work and accommodation of employees unable to perform the full range of duties in their job.
- Evaluates current operational methods and procedures and recommends improvements to optimize operational efficiency. Implements changes and communicates with support groups as required.
- Conducts daily observations of employee productivity. Investigates abnormalities and works to improve performance and implement best practices in productivity. Analyzes daily productivity reports to determine problems and trends. Shares analysis and results with team.
- Promotes good relations with external stakeholders such as bargaining unit representatives, contractors, customers and the general public.
- Estimates workloads in order to arrange for adequate staff to be on duty, recommends and sometimes authorizes the use of overtime as required. Assigns and confirms available staff to different areas of the operation according to fluctuating mail volume. Requests additional equipment or services as required.
- For mail processing, supervises the processing of all classes of mail in a postal facility. Sets daily priorities to ensure that deadlines and service commitments are met. Monitors and follows up on delivery and scanning exceptions. Liaises with other functions in operations to ensure the efficient movement of mail.
- Supervises, coaches and provides guidance and leadership to employees, promoting a respectful environment in the workplace. Administers human resources processes such as staffing, performance management, disability management and attendance management. Resolves staff issues, including disciplinary action if required. Consults with Labour Relations and/or union representatives on the application of the terms of the collective agreement. Creates learning and knowledge transfer opportunities for assigned staff.
- High School diploma or provincial equivalent (GED) (Equivalent Experience may be accepted in lieu of a High School Diploma)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., understand the major features of each software application)
- We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
- Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences.
- Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Minimum 1 year experience managing a team OR Minimum 2 years’ experience working within a unionized environment
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater Sudbury, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A