We are looking to add a driven and dedicated self-starter to our Windsor team. Do you possess sharp analytical skills and an aptitude for project management? If so, we have an exciting opportunity available!
- Interact with external organizations and internal departments to resolve any utility conflicts using a cost avoidance approach
- Work closely with the Construction execution team to effectively plan and manage the scheduling of new business projects
- Ensure that main extension projects meet required profitability index (PI).
- Collaborate closely with internal departments on the planning of specific projects (e.g. Attachment Centres, Central and District Drafting, Utility Services Planners, Lands, Distribution Optimization Engineering, Alliance Partners, Regional Customer Expansion, Community Expansion, etc.).
- Closely monitor and adjust New Business Projects financial forecast in accordance with the overall regional budget.
- Coordinate for new business projects, while developing strong, positive relationships with external partners such as developers, builders, HVACs, property owners, utilities, engineering firms, consultants, Municipal engineering/planning agencies, etc.
- Maintain and manage the capital tracking system for scheduling and financial analysis.
- Work closely with other members of the Regional Construction group and our partners to optimally plan and manage the scheduling and associated costs of new business projects.
- Assist residential/commercial services through the attachment process.
- Complete and/or coordinate detailed pre-planning design, pre-construction review, and alternative investigations of Projects.
- Regional lead for customer information regarding attachment issues (e.g. incorrect meter locations, insufficient information on customer requests etc.) and ensure resolution in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work closely with Construction Superintendent to assess scope changes and provide closure to invoice resolutions and variance reporting of Projects.
- Coordinate District invoice resolutions as it relates to New Business.
- Proven ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects under defined timelines and objectives.
- University degree and 2 years’ experience OR 4+ years of previous operations experience. An equivalent combination of formal education and experience may be considered.
- Digital literacy – proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and SAP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; strong interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of customer attachment processes and procedures is considered an asset.
- Business Planning and Project Management experience is desired.
- Knowledge of pipeline construction techniques and field surveying requirements is an asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Windsor, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A