Website The Hospital for Sick Children
The successful candidate will provide e-instructional design support and project coordination on the development of a new Moodle Learning Management System (LMS) and its training content. The selected candidate will work closely with the Program Manager, Curriculum Committee, national partners, and hosting company to aid in the design, development and implementation of the LMS and creation of new online modules. The e-instructional designer will develop strategies to adapt and/or repurpose an existing repository of training tools into other formats, working with content experts to pilot and launch the refreshed online material.
- Tracking the progress and development of each training tool
- determine the best delivery method (personal reading, pre-recorded slide shows, interactive modules, etc.) for new and repurposed training tools
- Working with the LMS host provider to revise aspects of the system and it’s material based on team and partner feedback, address any technical issues that may arise, and provide user support
- Act as the main site administrator for the Moodle LMS. This will include
- Assist in LMS development and maintenance
- Approve new instructor and network accounts
- review existing training tools/modules and identify existing gaps
- Work with content developers and subject matter experts to
- Assist in the development of supporting materials for the e-learning modules (glossary, additional resources, videos)
- Test the training tools, ensuring quality, consistency and accessibility
- Creating, designing, and updating new and existing pages and training content on the LMS
- Revise training tools based on team and stakeholder feedback
- Act as the site administrator for the CCHCSP WordPress website, ensuring the site is up-to-date in terms of content, visual aesthetics, and accessibility, ensuring alignment with the LMS
- Design and develop new training material, especially e-learning modules using Articulate 360
- Generate reports on statistics such as LMS use, user data, and more
- Experience in Learning Management System design and use, with proficiency in Moodle (3+ years experience)
- Experience using authoring tools with proficiency in Articulate 360 (Storyline and Rise)
- Social Media savvy, with experience on multiple platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc)
- Experience with multimedia development, graphic and video streaming
- Experience with multimedia tools: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe lnDesign, Wix
- Create and edit digital imagery, video, audio, still images, and effects as required.
- Experience with course planning, design, evaluation development, deployment and feedback collection
- Experience in web design, understanding principles of branding, with proficiency in WordPress, Elementor and PHP
- Pilot and launch online courses.
- Develop strategies to adapt and/or repurpose existing course content into other formats.
- Diploma/degree in an education-related or design-related field
- Design and translate storyboards and curriculum content to learning platforms to support various learning needs.
- Collect feedback and provide troubleshooting support.
- Create and use standard development processes, tools, templates, and assessments.
- Prepare training materials, courses, and methods.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience in using Instructional Design and Adult learning principles
- Excellent judgment, creative problem solving, and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
Company: The Hospital for Sick Children
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A