Website University Health Network
The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre has 12 site groups and 26 specialty clinics, and almost 3,000 staff who see over 400,000 patient visits every year. Its 800,000 square feet house 130 inpatient beds, 373,000 square feet of research space and 17 radiation treatment machines, making it one of the largest comprehensive cancer treatment facilities in the world and the largest radiation treatment centre in Canada.
The Support Partner is a member of a Ambulatory Clinics/ Systemic and OR team who provides assistance to direct patient caregivers through the performance of specific activities related to the maintenance of the Clinic, including: cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing instruments; setting up clinic areas; transporting X-rays, charts, etc.; patients support activities; environmental support activities; transportation support activities; and other duties directly related with the proper maintenance of the Clinic.
- Evidence of good independent initiative and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Experience with housekeeping, portering and/or unit aide
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a teaching hospital environment preferred
- Previous Hospital experience
- Evidence of ability to lift heavy objects
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Completion of a secondary school diploma program
Company: University Health Network
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A