Website Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The position serves as an epidemiologist in the Influenza Division (ID), National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD) with the responsible for carrying out a full range of complex epidemiologic and surveillance activities for influenza and other respiratory diseases.
- Prepare comprehensive reports of national surveillance system for key influenza pathogens analyses which include discussion of substantive health issues and research objectives
- Analyze study or project implementation procedures for improvement.
- Participate with scientists and program consultants in various aspects of the study or survey design process.
- Consult on, monitor, and measure the outcome of assigned programs evaluating the effectiveness of subject activities in meeting the needs of program participants.
- Develop and coordinate the sharing of health-related educational or informational materials so that scientific advice and assistance is shared.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation is required.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS “E-Verify” System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or graduate/higher level degree: major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. This degree must be from an educational program from an accrediting body recognized by the
- Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience in identifying and analyzing public health issues and their impact on influenza vaccine policies or scientific studies or surveys.
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A