Website Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Incumbent will carry out public health policy, planning, and evaluation, activities in an organizational unit at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Identify specific concerns of importance to achievement of public health goals as well as to the mission and activities of the division, center, and/or coordinating center.
- Conduct extensive research including the review of data from public health literature and other sources.
- Solve problems in performing analytic duties involving administrative or support issues.
- Analyze public health problems, issues, or program requirements that may be unstable or complex.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- Drug Screening Required: No
- Recruitment Incentive may be authorized: No
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized: No
- Research position: No
- Promotion potential: Yes. This position has promotion potential to GS-13. Promotion to the next grade level is at management’s discretion and is based on your meeting qualifications and time-in-grade requirements, demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and administrative approval. Promotion to the next grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Supervisory position: No
- Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
Qualification & Experience:
- Specialized experience is experience at or equivalent to which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience performing projects to analyze public health legislation, regulations, executive directives, and/or Departmental policy issuances, as well as other influential statements of policy.
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A