Website Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The employee serves as the Deputy Associate Director for Science for CSELS. The incumbent serves as advisor to the CSELS Associate Director for Science (ADS) on the relevance, quality, and impact of scientific activities within CSELS programs and divisions and provides oversight of work in the CSELS science office.
- Lead the development of CSELS science policies.
- Lead the scientific review and approval of CSELS authored publications including publications with high profile nationally and internationally.
- Interact with other CDC CIOs to review and clear scientific and science policy documents.
- Serve as a liaison with major CSELS stakeholders and partner organizations and promotes opportunities for collaboration between CSELS scientists and partners.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation may be required.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: No
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Drug Screening Required: No
- Research position: No.
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- Supervisory position: No
- Promotion potential: No .
- Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
Qualification & Experience:
- Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience in providing ongoing review and consultation on the quality of scientific work within CDC programs.
- Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level of in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A