Website Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
This is a Health Scientist (Informatics) position with an emphasis on public health informatics. The primary purpose of the position is to perform a variety of scientific activities and analyses related to health care informatics in various public health program areas.
- Manage projects involved with public health informatics and serves as a subject matter expert in the design and implementation of IT systems integrating epidemiologic and other information from a scientific perspective.
- Provide expert scientific advice, consultation and leadership in designing, coordinating and maintaining public health informatics project goals, objectives and priorities within a CIO and/or CDC/ATSDR and in the general public health community.
- Collaborate and provide expert scientific advice to a variety of nation-wide and international organizations to synthesize, and implement informatics policies and directions for future development.
- Collaborate with and provides expert advice to all organizational levels with the agency, as well as with various state health agencies, and partner organizations.
- Design, oversee, implement, and conduct scientific surveys/studies or projects to identify and solve health system related problems.
- Drug Screening Required: No
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Recruitment Incentive may be authorized: No
- Promotion potential: No
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized: No Research position: No
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: No
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience in providing scientific advice, consultation and leadership in designing, coordinating and maintaining public health informatics project goals, objectives and priorities within the public health community.
- Must have a Bachelor’s or graduate/higher level degree: major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. This degree must be from an educational program from an accrediting body recognized by the
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A