Website Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The primary purpose of the position is to provide health care service delivery and program administration to serve as a Certification Specialist on the Certifications Team for the Medical Benefits and Certifications Unit.
- Provide clinical advice and guidance.
- Serve as a Medical Review Consultant.
- Provide customer service.
- Perform clinical quality analysis and review.
- Apply verbal/written communication skills.
- Promotion potential: No
- Drug Screening Required: No
- Public Trust/Moderate Background Investigation (5) is required.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: No
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Recruitment Incentive may be authorized: No
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Student Loan Repayment Incentive may be authorized: No
- Supervisory position: No
- Relocation Incentive may be authorized: No
- Research Position: No
Qualification & Experience:
- Education Requirement: A graduate or higher-level degree, bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. Degree from Foreign Nursing School:Official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools is required for individuals who graduated from foreign nursing schools.
- Licensure Requirement: Passed the National Council Licensure Examination. In addition, possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience perform the duties of the position to include experience as a certification specialists, reviewing requests submitted by physicians, requesting the beneficiary’s condition be authorized for treatment within the program.
Company: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A