Website Canadian Food Inspection Agency
The CFIA considers applications from individuals who have legal status to work in Canada and does not give preference to Canadian citizens.
In your application, please identify the legal status which entitles you to work in Canada – Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit. You will be asked to show proof of this status in order to complete the security screening required for employment. Failure to provide this information will eliminate your application from further consideration.
- Conducts daily assessments of the establishment ensuring conformity to Meat Inspection Program requirements for equipment operation, sanitation and temperature, vermin and chemical control as well as employee adherence to personal hygiene and operational procedures.
- Inputs into a variety of inspection reports relating to daily observations in the establishment.
- Performs, collects and prepares samples from animals and fresh meat products for on-site rapid tests or for subsequent laboratory analysis.
- Monitors shipments of finished products identified for export to ensure and enforce compliance with Canadian and the importing country’s standards.
- Performs ante-mortem and post-mortem inspection of animals.
- Adherence to the CFIA Conflict of Interest and Post-Employment Policy.
- Willing and able to work in environmentally challenging or physically demanding conditions.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Legal status to accept employment for the entire period of employment.
- Compliance with the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector.
- Willing and available to work overtime.
- Willing and available to work irregular hours (e.g., nights, weekends, statutory holidays).
- Medical suitability: Pass a Pre-placement Health Evaluation and Periodic Health Evaluation.
- Use of all prescribed safety materials, equipment, clothing and devices.
- Adherence to the CFIA Code of Conduct.
- Willing and available to travel frequently.
Company: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brandon, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A