Website Canadian Food Inspection Agency
The CFIA considers applications from individuals who have legal status to work in Canada and does not give preference to Canadian citizens.
In your application, please identify the legal status which entitles you to work in Canada – Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit. You will be asked to show proof of this status in order to complete the security screening required for employment. Failure to provide this information will eliminate your application from further consideration.
Individuals without Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or an open or CFIA-specific work permit will only be considered if all other applicants with legal status to work in Canada are determined to be not qualified.
- Collects, distinguishes, prepares and stores media, field and/or laboratory samples and specimens for analytical activities, reference collections, field plots and/or proficiency panels.
- Reviews, compiles, interprets analytical data and test results based on set, recognized standards and reports results to Supervisor.
- Conducts diagnostic and/or method improvement analytical procedures on a wide range of samples using established procedures and methodologies.
- Maintains records of samples, observations, measurements, tests conducted and processes followed and participates in writing and editing standard operating procedures (SOPs) according to the quality assurance (QA) system of the laboratory.
- Provides laboratory support functions related to sample reception, sample and reagent preparation, reagents and other supplies inventories, decontamination, glassware and laboratory clean-up.
- Legal status to accept employment for the entire period of employment.
- Adherence to the CFIA Code of Conduct.
- Adherence to the CFIA Conflict of Interest and Post-Employment Policy.
- Compliance with the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in a biocontainment level 3 environment.
- Experience working in a cleanroom facility.
- Experience in biochemical techniques.
- Experience in cell / tissue culture techniques.
- Experience working in a diagnostic laboratory or other high-throughput laboratory.
- Experience with immunofluorescence techniques.
- Experience with necropsy / autopsy.
- Experience in histotechnology.
- Experience in microbiological techniques.
- Experience in immunological techniques.
- Experience in analyzing whole genome sequence data.
- Experience in biologics production.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques.
Company: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A