Website Canadian Food Inspection Agency
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
As a separate employer, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has implemented the Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, that requires all CFIA employees to attest to their vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated, unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to indeterminate (permanent), determinate (term), assignment and student hiring to the CFIA. Should you reach the point in the staffing process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment, the hiring manager will contact you.
- Conducts complex chemical analysis and interprets analytical data;
- Assures reliability and validity of data by following a Quality Assurance (QA) system.
- Operates and maintains analytical instruments and equipment;
- Assists with research activities in support of the CFIA regulatory programs;
- A pool of qualified candidates will be established.
- This pool may be used to staff positions with similar qualifications, with various language requirements, various conditions of employment and/or various tenures including term appointments, indeterminate appointments, acting appointments and/or assignments.
- Willing and available to work overtime, as required
- Adherence to the CFIA Code of Conduct.
- Willing and available to work shifts
- Willing and available to travel, as required
- To use in the prescribed circumstances and manner all prescribed safety materials, equipment, devices and clothing.
- To use prescribed and provided respiratory equipment that meets the respiratory program requirements; to undergo fit testing (e.g. may need to be clean-shaven, depending on the respirator design).
- Willing and available to work irregular hours (e.g., days, nights, weekends, statutory holidays)
- Adherence to the CFIA Conflict of Interest and Post-Employment Policy.
- Compliance with the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector.
- Legal status to accept employment for the entire period of employment.
Company: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A