Website Canadian Food Inspection Agency
The CFIA considers applications from individuals who have legal status to work in Canada and does not give preference to Canadian citizens.
In your application, please identify the legal status which entitles you to work in Canada – Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit. You will be asked to show proof of this status in order to complete the security screening required for employment. Failure to provide this information will eliminate your application from further consideration.
- Assists in the collection of soil sampling.
- The work is performed outside and consists of walking fields, soil sampling fields and recording information.
- The environment is very collaborative and fosters a team work approach.
- Assistant inspectors receive support and guidance from inspectors.
- Collects and records information about inspection results as well as other survey related activities.
- Legal status to accept employment for the entire period of employment.
- Willing and able to carry and wear 20 kg of protective equipment while performing duties.
- Willing and able to work in environmentally challenging or physically demanding conditions.
- Compliance with the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector.
- Willing and available to work irregular hours (e.g., days, nights, weekends, statutory holidays).
- Willing and available to work overtime, as required.
- Willing and available to work shifts.
- Adherence to the CFIA Code of Conduct.
- To use in the prescribed circumstances and manner all prescribed safety materials, equipment, devices and clothing.
- Adherence to the CFIA Conflict of Interest and Post-Employment Policy.
- Willing and available to travel, as required.
- In accordance with the Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, all employees of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
- To assume responsibility for making transportation arrangements to get to diverse and distant work sites in a timely and efficient manner.
Company: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CA
Application Deadline: N/A