Chevron is accepting online applications for the position for Associate Plant Operator for Marketing Terminal located in Pascagoula, Mississippi through August 3rd , 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Center Standard Time).
- Good mathematics and reasoning skills is a necessity
- Willing to train and certify all jobbers and commercial carrier drivers in safe loading and loss prevention system.
- Ability to work outside in hot or cold environments.
- Safe receipt, storage, handling and distribution of petroleum products.
- Perform minor maintenance and mechanical repairs according to the preventive maintenance schedule.
- Holds drivers accountable for safe loading operations
- Performs customer service activities, answering phones, carding drivers, addressing driver concerns.
- Transfer products between tanks. Drains water from tank bottoms. Performs daily inspections of terminal tanks, piping and equipment.
- Performs daily/ weekly/monthly stock reconciliation.
- Ability to perform and learn in a fast pace work environment and handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Assures compliance with all operating procedures, Safe Work Practices, and contractor management
- Able to analyze and survey data to draw valid conclusions, identify root causes and solve problems.
- Perform all sampling and testing of products.
- Ensure terminal automation system and other critical equipment function correctly.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work rotating shifts, on-call shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Not allergic to additives, diesel fuels, or lubricating oils and gasoline products.
- This position requires climbing on top of product storage tanks that are 50 feet tall and lifting 50 – 75 pounds.
- Able to use and understand computers – familiar with the use of MS Word, Excel, and e-mail.
- Background in Electrical / Instrumentation preferred but not required.
- Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers
- Clear and effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to take initiative and perform in both field and computer-based work.
- Maintains a positive attitude and always strives to develop a positive work environment
- Demonstrating tact, initiative, and self-motivation.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years any type of work experience. Military counts as work experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Experience working in an Industrial Plant setting
- Pipeline receipt experience preferred but not required.
- Mechanical experience preferred but not required.
- Military work experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pascagoula, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A