The I&E Designer, as an essential partner and member of the Designs Drafting Team, plays a key role supporting the refinery’s mission to operate optimally, reliably, predictably, and without incident at the lowest sustainable cost. This position will support I&E design projects as an individual contributor and may guide a team of designers and CAD operators supporting multi-discipline projects.
- Continuously working to improve personal and process safety performance at the refinery and understands that all injuries, environmental issues, or business losses are preventable through proper planning and risk recognition.
- Provides I&E design support for shutdown/turnaround projects, routine maintenance and capital installations.
- Provides completed design packages that meet Safety in Designs requirements and Chevron Engineering Standards. Completed designs will be easily maintained and operated.
- Coordinates with I&E Engineers to determine job scope and generate design packages.
- Forecasts project completion dates for sharing with Lead I&E Designer, customers and Designs Engineering Team Leaders.
- Supports the adherence to Process Safety Management (PSM) regulations.
- Provides quality solutions for I&E designs that follow Chevron Engineering Standards and I&E specifications.
- Supports transfer of instrument data from AutoCAD to SPI.
- Participates in Operational Learning. Submits and supports Operational Learning tools to improve team safety, product quality and efficiency.
- Collects as-built information from refinery process units to support drawing updates and/or design packages.
- Experience working in a refinery.
- Solid knowledge of SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI).
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and/or CADWorx.
- Ability to develop BOMs to support design packages.
- Basic understanding of Accruent Meridian or other electronic document management system.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 6 years Instrument & Electrical (I&E) design experience or a minimum 4 years I&E design experience plus 4 years of related field experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years design experience in onshore oil and gas.
- Experience collecting as-built information in operating facilities.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with AutoCAD software and/or CADWorx software.
- Experience developing and maintaining Process Safety Management (PSM) regulated drawings.
- Ability to travel up to 10% and/or support temporary assignments at other company facilities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gulfport, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A