We are looking for Toxicologist(s) to join the Chevron Technical Center, Environment & Sustainability Group on the Biodiversity Land, and Community Health Team and work collaboratively with our team of human health and environmental risk assessors. The successful candidate(s) will serve as an expert consultant providing subject matter expertise to all Chevron operating companies.
- May involve representing Chevron on trade associations, technical workgroups, and scientific committees to address risk assessment and or exposure assessment issues of interest.
- Environmental risk assessment of operations and critical analysis of literature data and regulations and regulatory advocacy. In this role you may represent Chevron in regulatory negotiations.
- Leading and supporting ecological and/or health risk assessment efforts, which includes applying ecological or health risk assessment to assist remediation of impacted sites and working collaboratively with project managers and at times directing external consultants.
- The role includes evaluating potential human health impact and/or environmental impact of chemicals found in environmental media where Chevron operates or used to operate.
- The role will support our business with r egulatory compliance and negotiation related to environmental liability sites, site assessment, and risk-based site closures.
- Analysis and understanding of the fate, transport and effects of constituents of concern from Chevron operations.
- Up to approximately 15% travel.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of exposure and risk assessment science and techniques, especially as applied to the evaluation of environmental exposures is required for this position.
- Master’s degree or higher in toxicology, ecotoxicology or environmental toxicology with at least five years industry experience OR Ph.D. in toxicology, ecotoxicology/environmental toxicology or related environmental science discipline with at least three years of industry experience.
- More experienced candidates will also be considered as multiple positions are available. This should include demonstrated ability to apply ecological and/or health risk assessment to address issues like discharges to water, land, or air. Ability to understand the data necessary to inform decisions. Understands environmental and/or health risk assessment guidance developed by U.S. and international regulatory agencies.
- Teamwork – Proven track record of building positive, constructive, and inclusive working relationships in all directions and influencing beyond authority. Inclusive treatment of others. Communicate proactively across teams and effectively across management levels.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in lab and field methods used in environmental assessment is a plus, as are strong quantitative skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A