The Technical Safety Engineer, will be part of the Technical Safety Engineering (TSE) team which is in the Facilities Engineering organization. TSE team assists with building process safety culture and fluency within the workforce. Position is located in Midland, TX and requires approximately 25% travel including overnight trips.
- Working knowledge of inherently safer design principles and management of change.
- Provides support and facilitation for both quantitative and qualitative risk assessments for operating assets using methodologies such as HAZOP/LOPA and What-if.
- Collateral duties may include serving on audit teams or incident investigation teams, providing technical support for process safety reviews, and participate in field-base safeguard verification activities and Integrity Critical Assessments.
- Conducts dispersion and consequence modeling using commercially available package such as CANARY or PHAST and performs building siting assessments.
- Demonstrated Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) Facilitator
- BS degree – Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders across various workgroups and locations.
- Proven aptitude to organize, prioritize, self-direct and deliver enterprise driven processes.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate orally and in writing with the ability to translate technical issues into user friendly communications.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplined team
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Odessa, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A