CIBC’s Capital Markets arm provides corporate, government and institutional clients with innovative solutions to help them raise capital, and grow and invest actively throughout North America and key financial centers around the world. To deliver on its mandate to be the premier client-focused wholesale bank in Canada, CIBC’s Capital Markets business focuses its strengths to deliver outstanding service and value to its clients. Our mission is to bring Canadian Global Markets products to Canada and the rest of the world, and also bring the world to Canada.
The Director for Fixed Income Sales, under the guidance of the business leader, significantly impacts the firm’s bottom line (i.e., trading revenue, deal flow, managing capital, client impact, external rankings, risk responsibility, business budget, external profile, etc.) and c ontributes to firm-wide priorities and business line initiatives.
- Ensure the growth of CIBC World Markets by tenaciously pursuing new opportunities.
- Develop and ensure the achievement of strategic, business and financial plans for distribution of Fixed Income Sales products, specifically SSA across U.S. investor clients.
- Ensure that clients are well informed of the area’s strategic direction and operation.
- Maximize the operational efficiency of the US-FIC marketing group.
- Main Objectives
- Keep up to date with market trends.
- Identify new clients then consult with and actively promote/market concepts, products and services to be provided by the area. In a very competitive and deadline oriented market, ultimately convince the client to adopt new/enhanced/additional approaches, services and/or products. Products may be complex in nature.
- Partner with trading, risk, origination and other teams across the firm to enhance CIBC’s functional capabilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial markets, specifically the Fixed Income functions and products.
- Detailed working knowledge of the industry and market to assess impact of market conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills in order to develop, manage and leverage relationships with clients, internal and/or external business partners.
- Significant presentation/interactive skills sufficient to clearly articulate complex conceptual information/ideas on issues involving extensive interpretation and opinion.
- Expert negotiating and influencing skills to shape decision-making processes at senior levels and resolve situations where compromise solutions are often negotiated.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albany, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A