Website City of San Antonio
Under general direction, is responsible for performing high level crime and intelligence analysis work for the purpose of reporting and presenting crime information, statistical trends, and criminal intelligence gatherings. Exercises functional supervision over assigned staff.
- Collects and coordinates information and intelligence; organizes, analyzes and prioritizes; determines reliability and validity.
- Maintains intelligence database, indexes findings, and reviews publications.
- Develops link analysis, time/temporal analysis, telephone toll analysis, criminal threat analysis, crime incidents maps, or computerized charts to organize investigations.
- Attends and participates in scheduled departmental and professional meetings as needed. Acts as a resource and liaison between division and various departments within COSA as well as external contacts such as local, county, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Facilitates the transfer of crime information between local and regional agencies.
- Collects, analyzes, and distributes raw data extracted from numerous law enforcement data sources and compiles data into viable criminal intelligence information for investigative and planning purposes.
- Prepares case reports, charts, graphs, and maps congruent with established procedures for management review as well as police command and field operations use. Prepares synopsis reports of serial criminal activity detailing specific mode of operation and suspect descriptions.
- Assists with special analytical projects dealing with advanced casework which is highly sensitive and controversial in nature.
- Assists in the day-to-day workflow distribution, training, and development of Crime Intelligence Analysts. Reviews work for quality, content, and relevance.
- Ability to perform all the physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations.
- Ability to deliver formal presentations to small and large groups.
- Knowledge of law enforcement systems and software.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and use rational judgment in making work-related decisions.
- Ability to interpret, compare, and analyze law enforcement information.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs, such as GIS and graphic design concepts.
- Knowledge of law enforcement operations and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, and the public.
- Knowledge of statistical research and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the functions and organization of local, state, and federal government.
- Knowledge of crime analysis methodologies and practices.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and Family Violence Convictions.
- Highly computer literate, including understanding of the internet, ability to conduct open source research on a variety of platforms.
- Understanding of social media and social media networks is a plus. Will be trained in use of network forensic tools for research and reporting.
- Three (3) years of experience in public administration, law enforcement, or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Company: City of San Antonio
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A