Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Your primary task will be revising texts translated by the external service provider. You will also occasionally translate various texts from English to French or from French to English, copy edit and proofread various texts in French (primary) or in English, as required. In order to meet operational needs, the incumbent may be required to complete work in the evenings. (Eastern Time Zone).
- Revise in-depth or perform quality control on texts translated by the external provider.
- Contribute to the enrichment of the central terminology base by recording the results of terminological research as a specialist.
- Ensure the processed materials are aligned with the expectations of the intended audience(s).
- Organize work in such a way as to manage conflicting priorities. Help colleagues with their tasks and workload when available.
- Provide writing and copy-editing services to internal clients as required.
- Provide quality client service and return projects within agreed deadlines.
- Minimum of three years of revision and translation experience in a similar professional environment.
- Knowledge of CMHC’s business activities and concepts (finance, economics and/or statistics).
- Strong project management and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and juggle several projects at the same time.
- Strong knowledge of translation and terminology managements tools (FlowFit and Trados/GroupShare).
- Undergraduate degree in translation or in a related field such as linguistics.
- Ability to adapt language and style to various types of documents (speeches, financial reports, social media, marketing).
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Application Deadline: N/A