Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Granville Island is administered by Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) on behalf of the Federal Government. Its mission is “to steward this public land for meaningful urban and social experimentation among diverse, creative, cultural, and business models, engaging local first nations and communities, and welcoming the world.”
- Bussing tables in three Public Market seating areas.
- Sweep and/or dry mop the Public Market seating areas as well as wet mop spills as needed.
- Provide information to customers and tenants as required (i.e., question on lost and found items, directions).
- Represent CMHC and Granville Island in a professional and courteous manner.
- Clean washrooms, windows, mop floors, waste removal and other general cleaning as required.
- Sweep and monitor outdoor courtyard areas throughout the day.
- Ability to adapt to changes and to show initiative when needed.
- Ability to respond in emergency situations – may be first on the scene (injury, lost children, theft).
- Must be aware of the hazards and be able to work in a marine environment.
- Safety knowledge as per Workers Compensation Board regulations and the Canada Labour Code.
- Customer service experience.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A