Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Join the Client Operations Team, where our partners view CMHC as the catalyst for solving housing affordability challenges. As a member of the Multi-Unit Underwriting team, you will identify, understand and assess the risks associated with each multi-unit, mortgage loan insurance application and provide a recommendation for decision. We are seeking an individual who has knowledge in real estate or banking and training in administration, finance or a related discipline and who is also recognized for their excellent analytical and risk management abilities as well as their propensity to maintain solid business relationships. You will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. You will oversee risk recommendations and decisions related to underwriting an insured loan, mitigating risks, optimizing client service and achieving corporate objectives. You will also provide quality service to enhance the corporate image and maintains sound business relationships with industry clients and various levels of CMHC.
- Work in a team environment and contribute to service standards and turnaround times.
- Maintains quality relationships with clients to understand their needs and objectives and explore opportunities.
- Conduct detailed risk analysis involving program/product requirements, including but not limited to an assessment of the property, market, borrower and loan, which may involve financial, legal and professional reviews.
- Apply sound judgment and decision-making practices that are factual and based on well-reasoned analysis to derive insurance risk recommendations and mitigation options in line with CMHC’s risk appetite.
- Engage internal support functions such as legal services, policy and operations, and borrower analysis to seek clarification and concurrence in support of recommendations.
- Exercise prudence and diligence to ensure compliance with all relevant internal policies and procedures applicable to the function.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Decision-making skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both official languages (French – English).
- Minimum of three years’ experience in credit/financial analysis (Knowledge of construction financing, multi-unit underwriting, and credit risk analysis would be considered an asset).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (experience in building reports and/or in using statistical analysis software such as MS Excel considered an asset)
- Strong understanding of serviced client groups in Canada, including related legal documentation.
- Knowledge of financial analysis and statements, borrower legal structures and real estate financing.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as business, finance or commerce.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Application Deadline: N/A