Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Join the Financial Reporting Team, where we use financial foresight and insight to improve housing affordability. You will provide strategic financial advice to management to support complex accounting matters related to accounting standards for Pension Plans and accounting standards under International Financial Report Standards (IFRS). You will also prepare and review a range of critical financial reports including CMHC’s pension plan annual report, CMHC’s annual consolidated financial statements and CMHC’s quarterly financial report.
- Provides effective financial oversight and strategic advice for the business to help resolve issues and to help ensure that all financial decisions are made in the best interest of the organization.
- Prepares a range of critical financial reports; CMHC’s pension plan annual report, CMHC’s annual consolidated financial statements and CMHC’s quarterly financial report.
- Prepares explanations, submissions, briefing materials and presentations for delivery to management.
- Analyzes and implements best practices for presentation and disclosure relative to accounting standards for Pension Plans, IFRS and standards mandated by Treasury Board, the Financial Administration Act, the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation Act, and the National Housing Act.
- Provides mentorship and guidance on the work of colleagues.
- Develops accurate and complete accounting records and reconciliations relating to CMHC’s pension plan and corporate financial position ensuring they meet all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provides advice and guidance to senior representatives and their delegates while helping to resolve financial issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work in a multi-demand environment.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing the work of other financial professionals.
- Professional accounting designation is mandatory (minimum Chartered Professional Accountant).
- Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge of software applications.
- Excellent ability to gather and analyze information, synthesize key elements and summarize with recommendations.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as accounting, finance, business administration, economics or commerce.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation, influencing, mentoring, negotiation and networking skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the financial, legislative and regulatory environment.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A