The ideal candidate will be a highly seasoned Quality Engineer with a track record of delivering quality software solutions and the ability to apply your experience to new areas or have significant experience testing large scale, multi-system integrated applications in an e-commerce system. Your experience will demonstrate that you have a solid understanding of Quality Assurance best practices, know where and when to apply them, and know when flexibility within those guidelines is acceptable. The candidate must have a clear understanding of the software development methodologies and will have consistently delivered high quality software solutions using various methodologies. The candidate will demonstrate solid technical skills which has served them to find, troubleshoot and research problems and issues and bring them to closer. They will proficiently create and leverage automation as one of the many tools in their QA toolkit.
- Provide 24X7 on call support, as needed (approximately 1 week every 2 months).
- Works with business customers and analysts to understand and clarify requirements and stories as needed.
- Effectively executes testing directly and/or leveraging offshore resources while ensuring accurate results, identifying failure patterns and supporting bug triage processes to bring issues to closure.
- Creates and owns review and execution of project test plans, test cases, automation and all QA-related collateral and documentation for a feature or product area.
- Mentors junior team members.
- Creates and leverages automation during all phases of the test process using Selenium and Java.
- Collaborates with onshore, offshore and project team members as needed for project success.
- Provides accurate estimates for projects, including QA resourcing and testing schedules.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization from senior management down to staff level.
- Minimum 7 years’ software quality assurance experience.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and excellent collaboration skills.
- High level understanding of design/development methodologies and project management concepts.
- Minimum 4 years’ hands-on experience using industry standard software QA tools including Selenium and Java.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent test resource planning and test scheduling skills.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and SQA methodology as well as experience testing on an Agile team.
- Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases.
- Minimum 4 years’ hands-on experience writing automation to drive end to end and API test scenarios.
- Experience with at least one database technology, Oracle, MS SQL Server or DB2 and ability to write basic SQL queries.
- Ability to work effectively and produce consistent results with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to create project testing estimates and deliver on time and on quality.
- Minimum 4 years’ functional and back-end testing of eCommerce websites or comparable complex systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lafayette, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A