As Project Manager at CPA Canada, you will manage enterprise-wide initiatives/projects and schedules, track projects’ progress, identify risks, risk mitigation options, and report on results. You will be working with internal customers directly to set expectations by guiding them through the project planning, implementations, and close-out activities.
- Ensure effective control of projects: addressing conflicting priorities, issues, risks, dependencies and change.
- Collaborate with the project sponsor and lead to clarify objectives, scope, project benefits and expectations.
- Produce, review and present status reports and dashboards for an executive-level audience to ensure project progress is on schedule and within the prescribed budget and expected results.
- Adhere to established methodologies for project management.
- Evaluate business factors external to a project management framework that allows for a holistic overview of program deliver
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor project plans.
- Develop, cultivate, and manage relationships with project stakeholders, clients and internal team members.
- Ensure that project team members know the project scope and their budgeted hours.
- Promote & champion project management practice and awareness throughout the organization.
- Keep stakeholders informed of progress and issues to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Communicate where the project is relative to the budget and understand the remaining work to develop effectively.
- Lead the development and maintenance of project plans, ensuring that both scoping the clients and internal stakeholders understand their responsibilities, deliverables and timing and the impact on the project.
- Escalate issues early to appropriate stakeholders and leadership teams when required.
- Proficiency using Project Management Tools, including Microsoft Office products
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills – experience preparing and delivering management presentations and reports
- University degree or equivalent post-secondary education (Bachelor’s Degree or work experience)
- Demonstrate abstract thinking to a wide variety of business activities, providing a micro and macro lens on opportunities for project efficiencies
- Formal project management training and PMI PMP certification are desirable but not mandatory
- 3-5 years program/project management experience and a demonstrated track record in large complex programs and projects, working with virtual teams across multiple geographic locations
- Willingness to learn and become familiar with new technologies; assimilate knowledge quickly and effectively
- Work with project owners, IT, subject matter experts, and vendors to evaluate solutions based on requirements that meet the organization’s strategies regarding solutions to solve business problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day aspects of the projects leveraging industry best practices and project management disciplines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kelowna, CA
Application Deadline: N/A