In this position, you will (1) conduct testing on soon-to-be released vehicles to support regulation conformity, (2) conduct on-cycle, off-cycle and on-road emission testing and evaluate regulation conformity, (3) analyze software change requests and evaluate the consequences in regards to the certification process (4) conduct CARB OBD production vehicle evaluation (PVE) on released vehicles to ensure regulation conformity.
- Support collaboration within MBRDNA on common projects and objective
- Analyze data, summarize results, and prepare technical reports for internal development partners and external regulatory agencies.
- Generate detailed test plans and schedules with strong understanding of requirements and expected deliverables.
- Conduct emissions testing with chassis emissions dynamometer and PEMS units and evaluate and quantify the results and data.
- Conduct testing in the areas of emissions control/OBD and fuel economy, investigate and identify issues, determine root causes, and discuss within a team environment.
- Learn and analyze the emissions and OBD certification activities and identify additional areas where the team can effectively contribute value.
- Analyze software change requests and quantify the consequences in regards to the certification process.
- Build effective working relationship with Daimler HQ certification and RD departments.
- Plan and coordinate resources for testing (head count, vehicle, test cells, equipment).
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience investigating issues firsthand with strong analysis and problem solving abilities
- Ability to act and perform under every circumstances with personal integrity and represent the certification values
- Ability to execute and develop detailed testing plans and schedules
- Comprehensive knowledge of OBD system functions and regulatory requirements
- Experience with use and programming of automated testing and data analysis tools (ie. LabVIEW, Matlab, Simulink) and methods
- Comprehensive knowledge of powertrain systems, including emissions control system functions and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering or related field
- Experience with testing and data acquisition systems in the automotive field (INCA)
- Detail-oriented mindset for planning and program management
- Ability to learn and understand different technical topics fast and being able to discuss and explain it to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with emissions test equipment (bench analyzers, PEMS, etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durham, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A