Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
- Software Development and testing of progressive and regressive features for the Digital Voice Assistants (Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant Mercedes me integration)
- Conceptualize, develop and write software architectures and implementations for IoT technologies
- Document technical software solutions or specifications
- Coordinate and participate testing, validation, debugging of software and system architecture
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers and user experience experts to find solutions software implementation and integration tasks
- Develop new software prototypes and mass production frameworks
- Integrate and test software in prototyping cars or demonstration hardware
- Actively demonstrate cross-functional collaboration with other engineers, designers, user experience experts and researchers
- Ability to analyze complex problems, recognizes and explains connections between cause-and-effect understandably and develops concrete, viable solutions taking risks and obstacles into account.
- Experience in iOS or Android apps development.
- Ability to work in inter-cultural, inter-disciplinary teams across multiple time zones.
- Experience integrating 3rd party API/SDK in iOS/Android Apps.
- Open to international travel, for approximately 10% of the time.
- Minimum years of experience required (Non-exempt positions only): 0 years
- Will accept equivalent work experience in lieu of formal education: No
- Attention to detail, Strong Team player.
- Able to learn quickly and willing to share knowledge.
- Combination of Degree and Years of experience acceptable (minimum) : Associates
Qualification & Experience:
- Good Knowledge about Digital Voice Assistants (Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri and others)
- Understanding of design patterns and software architecture
- Multiple apps published in Apple and Google app stores
- Experience with location based services
- Knowledge in Backend and embedded car system technologies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winston Salem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A