Joining DaVita as Patient Care Technician (PCT) is an exciting opportunity to jump start your career in the health care industry. With paid, extensive training, you will gain the skills needed to care for our patients and build a network of other health care professionals across the geography where you live. Once you have successfully completed training, you will join a holistic team of care professionals – including nurses, dietitian, social workers, and other experienced PCTs – to care for our patients. It’s not a job, it’s giving life and a career based on passion and purpose.
- Direct Patient Care. Spend the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment. Our PCTs care for up to 4 patients at a time.
- Technician Duties. To monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup. Please note you will have exposure to blood and needles.
- Continuous Improvement: We are consistently looking for ways to improve processes for our patients and teammates as we aim to build the greatest health care community the world has ever seen.
- Building long-term relationships with your patients who are suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment on average 3 times/week. You will also be responsible for educating patients on Kidney Dialysis related topics.
- Team. Cross functional team of clinicians including technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers and leadership. PCTs work under the supervision of a RN.
- Schedule. Shifts can begin as early as 4:30 am and can vary based on patient needs. Your expected shift will be shared during the interview process
- Desire to enter the health care field to care for other people in need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
- Must be comfortable mixing acid or bicarb
- Flexibility and availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Physical and mental ability to work long hours (some shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet so wear comfortable shoes! Our work ends when it’s safe for our patients.
- Willingness to train and work across multiple clinics within the territory as needed.
- Health care experience a plus including: BONENT Certified, Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy certification.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A