Website Dignity Health
Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2. 6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at. You can also follow us on and.
The Patient Logistics Coordinator performs on activities delegated by the Transfer Center RN and Patient Logistics Manager to facilitate the appropriate placement of patients within Dignity Health GSSA and specialized facilities. The incumbent uses effective interpersonal skills in all interactions involved with the position including the explanation of care needed as directed by the Transfer Center RN, sending physician, or receiving physician. This position assists with the process of efficiently and effectively coordinating movement of patients throughout the designated Dignity Health facilities and in specialize care facilities; specifically inpatient psychiatric. The Patient Logistics Coordinator assists in implementing the transfer of care plan through effective communication with care providers and administration. Reports to the Patient Logistics Manager.
- Works independently to facilitate the placement of patients as directed by the Patient Logistics Manager, Patient Logistics RN, and physician orders
- Uses effective communication skills with colleagues, customers, physicians, and care team members, both internal and external to facilitate the timely placement of patients
- Documents activities clearly and accurately to promote effective communication with members of the care team, including Transfer Center,
- Hospital EDs, Hospital Units, Leadership, and receiving facilities.
- Exhibits a customer oriented philosophy that emphasizes both internal and external relationships focusing on customer, vendor, and patient expectations and strives to exceed them
- Actively participates in, and encourages others to utilize creative and innovative approaches to accomplish duties
- Willingly provides and accepts direct, constructive feedback to and from colleagues
- Facilitates the transfer of patients to the appropriate facility and unit
- Communicates with referring and receiving facility staffs to ensure timely placement of patients to the appropriate level of care and unit
- Identifies potential problems and brings them to the attention of the Supervisor, ANS, and/or Leadership to prevent and/or resolve barriers to timely placement and/or transfer of patients throughout the acute care setting
- Performs duties in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision or direction
- Verbalizes knowledge and support of Dignity Health and department Mission and Vision statements.
Qualification & Experience:
- MA, LVN, or equivalent experience in a health care setting
- Proven proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and electronic communication stills, including professional telephone and email etiquette
- Must have the ability to coordinate effectively with a variety of customers including providers, hospital and office staff, health plans, medical groups, internal departments, community resources, and peers.
- Knowledge of levels of care and basic medical terminology
- Ability to work independently and apply critical thinking skills toward making appropriate decisions, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to meet timeframes
- Ability to learn quickly and retain complex information
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Company: Dignity Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A