Website Dignity Health
Dignity Health Mercy General Hospital has been serving the Sacramento community for more than 100 years. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy General has been at its current site in the heart of East Sacramento since 1925. Mercy General Hospital has 342 licensed beds, a physician staff of more than 800 and is the highest volume cardiac procedure hospital in California. Mercy General is one of six Sacramento area hospitals that are part of Dignity Health, a system of 39 hospitals and medical centers in California, Arizona and Nevada.
- Establishes and maintains regulatory compliance with food and nutrition services and policies and procedures to address safe practices for food handling, emergency food supplies, menu planning, purchasing and storage of food and supplies.
- Monitors the performance of the department through assessment and analysis of customer/patient satisfaction systems, quality and nutritional assessments, inspections, and financial reports. Completes QAPI assessment reports and corrective actions in collaboration with the hospital QAPI department. Promptly addresses customer complaint, and conduct service recovery where possible. Conducts rounding with patients and staff. Maintain log of of patient and staff feedback is considered in continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the daily management of all food and nutrition (dietary) services; Plans, directs, coordinates and controls resources of the Food and Nutrition Services Department to provide food service for customers, employees and patients; prepares the budget and assists in the development of short -term and long-term financial and operational plans for the department.
- Manages department human resources to ensure effective employee orientation, training and development, supervision of work, personnel performance, wage/benefit administration and compliance with established labor regulations and hospital or Dignity Health human resources policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or related field.
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. Current certification as a ServSafe(c) Food Protection Manager from
- American National Standards Institute.
- Minimum three (3) years nutrition management experience.
Company: Dignity Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Monterey, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A