Website Big Lots Stores
Collaborates with Planning in the development of strategic Department and Class Plans.Develops and executes appropriate Road Maps that execute approved strategic plans.Expands the vendor base for sourcing brand name closeouts.
- Achieves/exceeds all financial targets regarding sales, gross margin, turn etc.
- Directs and nurtures BPA teams to maximize resources and achieve stated goals.
- Maintains effective working relationships with key company pyramids in an effort to simplify Store’s work schedules.
- Trains, evaluates, coaches and counsels staff so that they possess the skills required to be successful.
- Determines penetration of closeouts, imports and engineered closeouts by Department.
- Develops and implements appropriate Raise the Ring initiatives.
- Supports company’s Global Sourcing, Big Lots Capital and Wholesale initiatives.
- Integrates all Marketing initiatives (Circular, TV, Signs, Internet) into Division’s activities.
- Possess strong leadership qualities and a take-charge orientation that will provide a sense of purpose and direction to his/her direct reports and the broader organization.
- A team player possessing great drive and excellent organizational, negotiation and marketing skills.
- Skilled in building and maintaining interpersonal relationships internally and externally yet able to make the tough decision when required.
- Brings strong influencing and communication skills which will be visible across the organization.
- Able to translate vision and strategies with clarity and enthusiasm to achieve business objectives.
- Dynamic and charismatic individual capable of developing and leading high performance teams.
- Strong business and financial acumen, strategic focus and experience influencing change management.
Qualification & Experience:
- Significant retail management experience required. Executive level preferred.
- College degree required.
Company: Big Lots Stores
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, Ohio, US
Application Deadline: N/A