Healthier pets. Happier people. Better world. Our vision might sound lofty, but we believe it’s attainable when we obsess about providing complete care for our amazing pets. Our approach goes far beyond addressing our animals’ basic needs to support their physical, mental, social, and emotional needs. By being sure we take all of these elements into consideration, we can help pet parents take the very best care of their pets.As a Dog Trainer or Dog Trainer Apprentice with Petco, you will play an absolutely vital role in the Petco family. Within your store, you will be the primary resource and leader for Petco’s Positive Dog Training program. You must be committed to and show a genuine interest in enhancing communication and teamwork between dog and pet parent by offering positive solutions and rewarding success while providing a fun and safe environment for dogs, pet parents and store partners.Our Dog Trainer Apprenticeship is a comprehensive training program to prepare you for the role of Dog Trainer in your store. Apply today, and a store manager will review your skills, experience and prior training to determine where you might fit on the Dog Training team.
- Coaching, encouraging and motivating dogs and pet parents
- Effectively deliver formal presentations
- Achieve Dog Training goals by offering creative Training solutions
- Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
- Assisting in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise
- Acting as a subject matter expert for Petco’s Positive Dog Training Program, products, services and in-store promotions
- Promoting, conducting and instructing all current dog training curricula
- Be a genuine Petco ambassador who exemplifies the Petco culture and values in all communications and interactions.
- Ensuring that store animals receive the highest quality care and are maintained in clean, safe and secure habitats
- Promoting established safety and loss prevention procedures
- Computer skills with the ability to quickly research information from the Internet
- The ability to work during peak traffic periods during week days and weekends
Qualification & Experience:
- CPDT-KA or Karen Pryor Academy (KPA-CTP) certifications
- Previous experience teaching positive reinforcement dog training techniques in group or class settings
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandusky, Ohio, US
Application Deadline: N/A