The Network Team is responsible for the seamless delivery of all IT services across LAN and WAN including critical Commercial and Operational traffic. We are a tight-knit team of professionals, working closely with our colleagues in every other part of the business in a fast paced, competitive environment. We get a lot done and we are proud of the high level of quality work that we provide to this incredibly successful business.
- Assist in cloud migrations and implementations ensuring designs conform to security standards and policies
- Provide 3rd line network support ensuring that any incidents or problem escalations are resolved as per the agreed SLA.
- Ensure work is of the highest quality and support others in the same approach through peer reviews of changes, HLDs, LLDs and network diagrams.
- Assist projects to gain approval from the easyJet Technical Design Authority for network architecture and key design decisions.
- Co-ordinate overarching network sizing, capacity planning and forecasting on behalf of easyJet (working with internal and external teams).
- Ensure all deliverables are well documented, re-usable, tested and operate at a high level of performance. Ensure that code/configuration adheres to standards and policies.
- Assist in conducting Root Cause Analysis and completing follow-on actions after Major Incidents.
- Undertake the appropriate training and knowledge sharing with other teams (Including 3rd parties where required).
- Accountable for learning the estate end-to-end including supporting systems and services as part of wider engineering department. Working with architects, developers and strategic outsourcing partners in order to provide a high performing and reliable solutions to meet business requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Good knowledge of F5 Load Traffic Manager and Application Policy Manager highly desirable
- Excellent WiFi trouble-shooting and support skills. (Ruckus wireless solution and Cloudpath knowledge desirable)
- Great interpersonal skills. Ability to deal with all levels of project and business teams to turn vision into reality and build relationships across teams. Being able to get across designs to non-technical as well as technical project stake-holders.
- Demonstrable delivery of high quality network designs and managing the sign-off of the designs with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to look beyond the network at the applications to provide end-to-end knowledge and skills to best serve project and delivery teams.
- Scripting skills (Python) to help in task automation desirable but not critical.
- Solarwinds network monitoring tool and additional module knowledge highly desirable. Some Nagios experience desirable.
- Willingness to learn any and all relevant technologies to support SD-WAN and hybrid hosting environments.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A