The role also supports the CIO in the development of the overall IT Strategy, establishing future strategic direction by balancing the business needs and drivers with IT resource and budget.
- Continually drive awareness of architecture purpose and practice (particularly outside of IT), ensuring proactive business engagement with the team as key collaborators and enablers of change
- Lead the definition of application, data and infrastructure roadmaps for all areas of easyJet, working closely with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Build and manage a high performing architecture and technology team to support and lead the development and implementation of the architecture and security strategy in a demanding operational environment.
- Provides thought leadership and subject matter expertise in a wide range of strategic initiatives driven by technology, information and security.
- Collaborate with technology partners to identify strategic and innovative uses of technology to drive business growth and profitability and support the best passenger experience.
- Conduct market and competitive research to identify broader business trends and assumptions that may affect the IT strategy.
- Advise business leadership on selection and prioritisation of enterprise technologies
- Define and own IT policies, standards and governance to drive performance and assurance
- Provide appropriate oversight, governance and assurance over all architectural designs and proposed solutions
- Promote innovation and architectural best practices across IT and the wider easyJet seeking continuous improvement as well as step change initiatives
- Work closely with the CIO to develop and continuously maintain the IT Strategy in support of the Business Strategy
- Lead the definition and stewardship of Quality Assurance across IT. Ensure that quality is designed in, developed through highly professional requirements gathering, design and development and then tested / commissioned such that delivered systems meet all functional and non-functional needs
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and related business experience
- Knowledge of latest information security challenges and mitigation approaches
- Knowledge of financial modelling as it relates to IT investment
- Experience of leading teams and stakeholders through change to drive continuous improvement in architecture practice and collaboration
- Experience in creating and leading high performing IT Architecture function in a fast paced operational business
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
- Proven people management skills with ability to build teams, effectively manage, coach and develop people, both under direct line management and as part of a management team
- Knowledge of IT governance, operations and Quality
- Expert in the development of IT Strategy and engagement with business and IT stakeholders
- Understanding of and implementation of Architectural frameworks
- Extensive experience in IT projects, leading analysis, design and implementation of systems solutions
- Deep understanding of platforms and architectures in a real-time, high-volume e-commerce business
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A