You will be responsible for delivering projects to agreed measures (time, cost, quality, value) to enable defined benefits in order to improve business performance. As Project Manager, you will have responsibility for both standalone projects within the easyJet enterprise portfolio and for specific work-streams/projects within larger programmes.
- Deliver integrated change projects (people, process, technology) with a relentless focus on delivering the business outcomes and defined benefits in line with the business case
- Ensure the project is designed and governed in alignment to easyJet delivery framework
- Work closely with the Business Lead to achieve appropriate project business sponsorship, stakeholder support and engagement.
- Work closely with the technology domain leads and technology suppliers to develop end to end delivery plans
- Decompose the project into deliverables and work-streams with a focus on efficient time to value
- Carve out critical path to ensure timely delivery.
- Define and manage the project resource requirements working with resource owners in both driving and enabling business functions
- Ensure a robust control environment is established and managed for the project
- Mobilise and manage the project team to achieve the project goals and objectives
- Manage risks, issues and dependencies; proactively stage interventions to maintain course on the project
- Contribute to a change delivery centre of excellence and focus on continuous improvement
- Manage internal stakeholders and third party suppliers effectively; ability to adapt style appropriate to the context
- Problem solve when faced with obstacles and enable effective decision making with impacted stakeholders
- Identifies learnings and root causes, and supports their use to drive effective and efficient delivery of future initiatives
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to focus on and achieve required outcomes
- Knowledge of both waterfall and agile methodologies is preferred
- Has good understanding of the software delivery life cycle.
- Trained in project management techniques and processes such as Prince2 Practitioner level
- Experience of applying methods and frameworks using a risk based approach
- Demonstrable capability of leading integrated change (people, process, technology) and delivering cross-functional projects and workstreams
- Some knowledge of easyJet’s competitive landscape, wider travel industry practices and external trends
- Has successfully delivered projects to agreed cost, time and quality ensuring full benefit enablement
- Experience of implementing change projects which align both the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ elements of the organisation e.g. strategy, processes, systems, structure, values, behaviour, skills, engagement and communication
- Ability to lead and successfully engage up to and including board level
- Proven ability to work as one team to support project delivery; managed project teams of 20+ people (including third party suppliers)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cambridge, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A