In this role, you will oversee the design for pipelines and related facilities for expansion and maintenance capital projects carried out by third party engineering firms to ensure compliance with Company standards/specifications, industry standards and managed to the project budget and schedule.
- Ensure that all pipelines and associated facilities are designed in accordance with all regulations, applicable industry codes and corporate specifications and standards.
- Define the scope, schedule and budget for the design and materials for pipeline projects.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to develop team principles, techniques and procedures to the design and construction of pipeline systems.
- Manage the execution of the design by a third party engineering firm against the project budget and schedule.
- Role requires a valid driver’s license, which will be verified with a motor vehicle check prior to hire.
- Effective interpersonal skills and be capable of working within a team or autonomously.
- Able to oversee activities, make key decisions, manage risk, troubleshoot, and ensure consistent quality of work.
- Professional Engineering Designation.
- Engineering degree in an applicable field.
- Preferred to have 10 or more years of progressively responsible experience in natural gas and/or liquids pipeline design experience for onshore transmission lines in Canada and US.
- Authority in the front-end and detailed design for all applicable equipment, components, systems and associated pipeline engineering deliverables.
- Problem-solve issues through use of standards, modification of standards and/or previous experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chatham, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A