Sr Environment Advisor role provides broad senior technical expertise across several environmental focus areas, provides environmental leadership on complex projects from initiation through to completion; provides technical support and mentorship to team members and resolves challenges independently.
- Identifying improvement opportunities, and solutioning options for business decision and implementation.
- Lead environmental support on complex gas distribution and new business construction projects such as Renewable Natural Gas (RNG), Hydrogen, etc.; apply strong technical knowledge to assess, identify, make recommendations, and apply environmental requirements to new business and technology projects.
- Mentor, coach and support environmental analysts and advisors with technical environmental matters.
- Participate in the strategic development and continual improvement of environmental programs including reviewing, developing, implementing, and sustaining environmental programs, processes, and procedures for application across GDS; lead and support team members through this process.
- Responsible for providing broad environmental technical knowledge across many environmental focus areas.
- Detailed understanding of GDS Environmental standards, processes and procedures and the Environmental Protection Program (MP-03).
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to actively participate, collaborate, and support teamwork within environmental and project teams and build positive relationships.
- Degree in environmental science or engineering; graduate level degree considered an asset.
- Passion for upholding Enbridge’s core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, and Inclusion.
- Proven broad understanding and application of provincial (Ontario) and federal environmental legislation, and Ontario Energy Board environmental requirements.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to apply objective and critical thinking to managing and resolving environmental challenges.
- Leadership skills in resolving technical and process problems, project management, and developing positive relationships.
- Demonstrated adaptability and desire for excellence.
- Minimum 6 years applied, progressive environmental experience.
- Strong specialized environmental technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in most of the following environmental areas as it relates to the construction and operation of the gas distribution system: environmental planning and permitting including environmental impact assessments for pipeline construction projects, spills management, hazardous waste management, environmental incidents, contaminated soil and groundwater management, excess soil management, greenhouse gas emissions inventory, air and noise emissions modelling, environmental compliance approval (applications and operational oversight) for all types of approvals.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Markham, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A