Are you passionate about safety, problem solving and continuous improvement? Enbridge is looking for a Safety Champion to advance our dedication to the safety of our employees through the effective delivery of safety programs and initiatives. As the Supervisor, Safety Operations GTA (Greater Toronto Area) you will lead a robust team while acting as the ‘first point of contact’ for safety support at the field level.
- Identify and communicate critical trends as input into safety strategy and approaches, programs, and tactics.
- Provide safety guidance and leadership to all levels of management for continuous improvement on safety results and to achieve strategic goals through JHSC, and other business partnerships.
- Responsible for quality and effective regional safety support to service the needs and requirements within the office, field and industrial work settings.
- Monitor key performance indicators, drive performance awareness in the business, and develop corrective actions where required. Turn data into intelligence.
- Lead and encourage a team of specialized staff to deliver on the safety strategy and programs, and compliance with legislative requirements. Maintain appropriate staffing levels and high quality staff, including maintenance of certifications where required (CRSP, PMP).
- Degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or Industrial Hygiene (preferred), Business or Engineering (or equivalent).
- Role requires a valid driver’s license, which will be verified with a motor vehicle check prior to hire.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills at various management levels. Ability to connect and influence people at all levels, both internally and externally, to get results achieved.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively within a team with a special emphasis on client group support.
- Strong strategy to implementation skills and experience. Require to be a big problem solver and able to manage the day to day details to implement and monitor programs and tasks.
- Results driven, and multi-tasker, to prioritize and provide timely response to situational reviews and recommendations.
- 10+ years of professional work experience in the H&S field of a technical or scientific nature (preferred).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Good with Microsoft office suite.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chatham, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A