Do you like working with your hands and being in the field where the action is? Are you looking for a rewarding career with multiple opportunities for advancement in the energy industry? Well if so, we have an amazing opportunity for you!
- Implements all lock out/tag out procedures as they apply to the job functions to ensure personnel safety.
- Performs work in compliance with Company policies/procedures as well as external regulatory bodies, such as Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) through adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Manuals.
- Reviews and interprets drawings, sketches and as-builts.
- Assists in planning work and contributing budget related information as required, consistent with the annual budgeting process.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
- Utilizes proper procedures for ordering, receiving and transferring materials as well as performing physical inventory.
- Consistently projects a professional Company image when interacting with non-Company personnel.
- Obtains training as required to maintain qualifications.
- Consistently works in a safe, responsible manner and actively participates in safely related programs.
- Actively participates as a work group team member and maintains a cooperative work relationship with fellow employees.
- Completes reports accurately and completely and has a working knowledge of applicable local filing systems as required.
- Responds to equipment malfunction, physical damage and/or fire, vandalism and/or threats in order to properly handle emergency situations to safeguard life and property. Must be familiar with the application of relevant procedures.
- Works with Area and Region personnel in making recommendations as to levels of spare parts for equipment needed to perform normal maintenance and minimize down time.
- Working knowledge of operations used in maintenance and repair of pipelines and operational equipment.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Willing to assume responsibility and take initiative to resolve issues.
- Currently resides or is willing to relocate within 30 miles of the assigned reporting location.
- Proven ability to drive and perform job duties safely.
- Innovative problem solver without compromising SOPs.
- Able to work and contribute to a team environment where inclusiveness, integrity, honesty, and openness are valued.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime, weekends, shift, be on call and standby, and travel overnight as required.
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Minimal directly relevant training and experience.
- Strong technical and analytical skills demonstrated through training, formal education, and/or experience.
- Able to work independently with little to no direction.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Can perform tasks requiring heavy physical exertion in sometimes extreme weather conditions.
- Possesses the desire to learn and advance as a Pipeline Technician.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: French Lick, IN, USA
Application Deadline: N/A