Are you an innovative leader who is ready to support business process improvement activities, by coaching and empowering the team to successfully meet project objectives while adhering to the PDO processes and procedures? If so, this opportunity is for you! In this role you will provide primary leadership to the portfolio of Project Managers and Business Analysts and deliver direct liaison with ongoing communication and support to functional Business Leads and Sponsors for GTM Operations business process optimization projects.
- Apply broad business and/or specialized technical knowledge in resolving problems, identifying opportunities and has a keen awareness of interrelationships with other stakeholders.
- Prepare reports, presentations and provide support to senior management regarding the state of projects or specific project management issues and programs.
- Focus is on collaboratively working on complex technical issues in support of multiple areas of the Gas Transmission & Midstream Operations.
- Drive for superior organizational results by understanding the industry, the company’s established business processes, procedures, metrics, and how they relate to the objectives of the organization.
- May be required to make decisions regarding significant design or standard practice deviations.
- Work closely with Directors, Managers, and internal stakeholders, the Supervisor will ensure that appropriate controls and standards associated with the businesses unit are implemented and enforced.
- Make decisions not usually subject to technical review, except those involving large sums of money or long-range objectives.
- Apply leadership and people skills in managing human resources by encouraging staff development, providing motivation, and ensuring staff are provided with mentoring and career development opportunities. This includes ongoing performance management, employee recruitment and employee retention activities.
- Assign priorities to complex, multiple, competing projects by effectively prioritizing work assignments and allocate resources while managing stakeholder expectations.
- Provide direction to a team of professional staff and/or consultants.
- Oversee through subordinates, a technical team responsible for developing and executing projects that enable and enhance our Gas Transmission & Midstream Operations (GTMO).
- Participate on internal and external technical committees, e.g., industry task forces, partner working groups.
- Effectively manage and prioritize workload and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- System implementation experience.
- Successfully build relationships with employees, internal stakeholders, vendors, and service providers.
- Manage concurrent initiatives and conflicting priorities. Proven interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and leadership skills.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form.
- Change Management Experience (ProSci).
- Be innovative, initiate, lead and manage change.
- Excellent leadership, project management, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Project Management certification (PMP).
- Six Sigma certification.
- 7+ years of directly related experience, including experience in a leadership role.
- A University degree in a related discipline.
- Strong written communications abilities, including good spelling and grammar are essential for this position.
- Business process optimization experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A