We are looking to welcome an Engineer IV who understands the needs of natural gas transmission and operations practices/strategies to support our business model. The selected candidate will be placed in a position of responsibility to help ensure the overall safety, integrity, reliability, and efficiency of Region Operations.
- Understand and make decisions around the implementation of processes, projects, or procedures that have direct impacts to the overall system and the area operations personnel.
- Understand and apply sound decision making towards implementing Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safe and reliable operation within the Region.
- Assist with data and information requests from other departments.
- Create, review, analyze and approve gas handling procedures of varying complexity.
- Participate in Engineering reviews of projects of varying scope and impact.
- Serve a role within the region operational Incident Command Structure in the event of an emergency situation.
- Understand how to do simple as well as complex and abnormal load calculations to ensure integrity of the system is maintained.
- Understand and apply all applicable CFR 192 code requirements to ensure engineering, materials selection, material testing, and intended operation meet all requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to field personnel including identifying gaps in processes or procedures.
- Perform an engineering evaluation on third party encroachment requests including State DOT construction plans.
- Develop and provide expertise in the area of pipeline operations to the other members of the Regional Technical Staff as well as other departments within the Company.
- Understand operational documentation requirements and be able to support corporate and field level audits.
- Show at least 7 years of experience in the pipeline transmission industry
- Competencies: computer, communication, negotiation, purchasing, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil, mechanical, electrical, or other related Engineering Field
- A valid driver’s license, which will be verified with a motor vehicle check prior to hire
- Extensive driving to reach field locations
- High heat exposure risk in field
- Organizational skills are a necessity. Engineer needs to be capable of managing the oversight of multiple projects
- Knowledgeable and understand CFR 192 and other relevant codes
- An Office based position with large amounts of field time to support and understand area operations needs
- Understanding of Liquids and Natural Gas operation and integrity programs
- Good technical background. Experience in Pipeline Integrity and Field Operations
- May spend time in the field as required to support projects or area operations (approximate travel time, up to 35% generally 1 week at a time)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A