At Enbridge, you can count on being involved in engineering projects that excite you, and ones that will consistently improve and encourage your career growth. Most of all, you will be part of an organization that is committed to safely transporting energy across our extensive pipeline network in North America! In this role, you will provide technical support around process engineering for pipelines and pipeline facilities through operational optimization and troubleshooting as well as assisting the development, management, and execution of proposals and projects.
- Review and provide technical direction in development of P&IDs, Shutdown Keys, Terminal Control and Operating Philosophies, hydraulic reports and associated engineering documents bringing a Process Safety perspective.
- Initiate and conduct process engineering review of MOCs generated within assigned asset areas.
- Responsible for ensuring that effective and proactive communication is maintained with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and improve knowledge level with process engineering and pipeline design technologies.
- Execute and/or peer review feasibility studies, conceptual designs, process studies, and detail engineering designs to ensure designs comply with Enbridge quality processes, standards and industry regulations. This will include authenticating documents as per APEGA requirements.
- Identification and recommendations of improvements to the engineering standards and specifications.
- Use various tools such as steady state and transient hydraulic modelling software and operating data analytics to analyze pipeline systems for design and maintenance issues, develop solutions, and issue formal technical recommendations.
- Completion of a degree in Engineering specializing in Chemical Engineering is preferred but other fields will be considered.
- Solid understanding of hydraulic modeling software such as AFT Fathom/Impulse, PipeFlow, Pipeline Studio, and/or Synergi Pipeline Simulator (SPS) would be considered an asset.
- Substantial aptitude to balance multiple assignments while meeting established deadlines.
- Technical knowledge of liquid pipeline and facility operations.
- Hands-on experience with assessment methodologies such as PHA, HAZOP, or LOPA.
- Effective two-way communication capability including excellent English oral and written skills.
- Legally ability to work and travel within Canada and United States.
- Ability to make technical recommendations in reasonable short order on all matters assigned. May involve technical and/or business analysis or ‘making a case’ for the expenditure of significant resources.
- Working knowledge of pertinent Canadian and US regulations/standards including NEB Act and related regulations (e.g. OPR-99, PPR), PHMSA regulations, applicable API standards, ASME B31.4, and CSA Z662 is required.
- Ability to comprehend a diverse range of regulatory, operational, and sophisticated technical issues
- Ability to optimally interact with peers, internal partners, upper level management, vendors, and service providers.
- Well-developed problem solving, decision-making, organization and planning skills.
- Proven technical competence in process engineering within the oil & gas industry.
- Minimum of 4+ years of progressively complex process engineering experience.
- Must be registered or willing to qualify to register as a P.Eng. in various States.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Superior, WI, USA
Application Deadline: N/A