This role will lead all aspects of the execution and integration of Power’s capital program and run major correctives for operational assets. Ensure the timely, on-budget, and quality delivery of projects for the Power business unit. Establish a process and develop solutions to optimally achieve these objectives.
- Transition and integration of new projects from Major Projects to Power Operations
- Power Operations commercial and technical input during the detailed design of new projects.
- Application of lessons learned and ensuring projects comply with both Power and Enterprise-wide business practices
- Major corrective works for Power Operations (ex. blade repair campaigns)
- Capital improvement projects (ex. project upgrades, repowering)
- Operational inputs into the development of early-stage development projects
- Execution of construction within project specifications, budget, and required in-service dates
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent
- Strong financial competence for budgeting, forecasting, understanding of capital cost reduction / optimization opportunities, construction variables, and commercial contract underpinnings
- Knowledge of construction practices with project execution experience. Including direct project management experience with large energy infrastructure and high voltage energy projects
- Strong personal attributes to manage multiple commitments in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent situational leadership skills to resolve conflict, deploy effective communication and interpersonal skills that further business objectives
- Demonstrated contract and negotiations skills and strong vendor relations
- Strong team leadership experience managing people in multiple locations with collaborative working style
- Ability to manage across functional groups within a large organization using problem solving, technical background, and sound decision making
- Demonstrated results getting individuals/teams to perform at higher levels through changing expectations
- Professional Designation P. Eng, PE or PMP preferred
- Proven leadership skills to liaise with industry partners and regulatory agencies.
- 10 years dynamic and validated experience with crafting and constructing renewable energy projects
- Experience developing and running wind or solar operations preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: North York, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A