Our Specialist Risk control US will produce and/or review daily risk reports for Tidal US, analyze the day over day change in mark to market (MTM), Cash Flow at Risk (CFaR) and open positions with management explanations for accurate and timely communication. This role will provide leadership and ensure sharing of technical and risk system knowledge to Risk Control and other functional teams to identify and resolve issues to further operational improvements.
- Provide inputs to the Risk (economic) to Accounting (results) monthly reconciliation process for all commodities to minimize the variance in accounting accrual to accrual results, identify process improvements for all business areas, effectively communicate material variances and create efficiencies.
- Direct accountability for leading the oversight of the Risk (economic) to accounting (results) monthly reconciliation process for all commodities to minimize the variance in accounting accrual to accrual results, identify process improvements for all business areas, effectively communicate material variances and create efficiencies.
- Provide project support as required working with different groups; examples include risk system technical upgrades or pricing curve enhancements or implementations, ensuring the integrity of risk reporting metrics
- Develop and foster and maintain stakeholder relationships across different business groups and commodity areas, including trading desk heads and functional business unit leaders, while representing Risk Control Canada on various projects, cross functional system integration and implementation efforts to enhance risk reporting for all commodities.
- Be accountable for providing exceptional service to internal stakeholders
- Provide backfill coverage for other Risk team member when necessary; duties may include and are not limited to the communication and investigation into specific non-compliance events, producing Quarterly Management Team materials, provide valuable Risk Control input and detailed analysis to CFRMC structuring documents and memos, provide timely answers and recommendations to senior management as requested
- Responsible for orchestrating the risk management analysis, monitoring, and reporting for Tidal Energy’s Crude Oil and NGL business in the US. Risk metrics include cash flow at risk (CFaR), open positions and mark to market (MTM), and daily analysis with commentary explanations for commercial and Sr. Leadership
- Support and maintain SOX requirements and documentation as required; maintain and grow knowledge of relevant topics and new requirements relevant for the Risk Control US as necessary
- Possess a solid understanding of the OpenLink risk system and all related inputs to identify modelling improvements, risk policy non-compliance events and assist in identifying process improvements; Become an OpenLink superuser and subject matter expert
- Assist with Annual Risk Policy training topics with partners and provide ad-hoc assistance throughout each business year with the Tidal Canada Front Office and other support functions on various questions or topics when required
- Responsible for ensuring the timely completion of any SOX Controls or other control processes for Tidal US accurately despite tight deadlines
- Work with Enbridge MRM IT group to ensure data feeds between systems are functioning properly and End of Day OpenLink results were accurately generated for reporting purposes; adding new types of data to improve the quality reporting whenever required; design and complete acceptance testing plans for any system changes impacting Risk Control
- Perform stress testing and/or other complex scenario analysis to support risk metrics and requests from Front Office and other business groups
- Provide cultural leadership with consistent demonstration of team and cross functional collaboration and accountability, providing daily support, training, mentoring, and coaching to all team members (Analysts and Advisors); provide backup coverage and support to team members when required when new or difficult situations arise that require immediate investigation. Consistent demonstration of Enbridge values.
- Accountable for troubleshooting all transactions in the OpenLink system that impact Risk Control, the Front Office, or Accounting; identifying system enhancement requirements; review valuation of price curves and differentials, expert resource for deal modelling processes and data flows from front to back to ensure accuracy and integrity; analyze new business strategies and ensure all material market risk has been captured and quantified, possess a strong understanding of transactions from deal execution to settlement.
- Experienced with the implementation or enhancement of energy trading and risk management systems (ETRM)
- OpenLink experience is an asset
- An Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, accounting or applied sciences with a minimum of 10+ years of risk management or finance related experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Offer strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work and coordinate effectively within a team environment
- Typical office environment, open trading floor concept set up
- Show a solid understanding of VaR, MTM, and quantifying position exposure
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to explain financial models in layman’s and operational terms
- CFA, MBA, CA, or other related designation. Risk Management designations in ERP or FRM
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A