This role is accountable to successfully deliver Enbridge’s Energy Conservation programs directly to customers and affiliated business partners, through direct management and cultivation of positive working relationships with specific customers and segments, meeting or exceed assigned energy conservation targets.
- Proactive outreach to assigned accounts, conduct site walk-throughs to assist customers with the identification, business screening and technical evaluation of potential energy conservation opportunities to improve operational efficiencies through basic building and thermal system audits in pursuit of natural gas savings.
- Develop, update and execute annual account plans for assigned territory and customers.
- Working independently, able to find, deliver technical solutions and complete custom complex engineering and energy efficiency calculations for assigned commercial customers across a designated region.
- Establish alliances with business partners (contractors, equipment suppliers and manufacturers, consulting engineers, etc.) to facilitate the development and implementation of energy efficiency projects, outreach and results.
- Timely implementation of projects into DSM tracking systems of all potential, active and completed projects that are verifiable and capable of withstanding the audit and verification process and provide specific support during customer audit verification process as required. Provide accurate and timely personal outlooks and forecasts for current year energy conservation delivery results.
- Establish and build operational and technical relationships with customers at all levels in the organization aimed at building long-term trust and commitment from the customer to achieve natural gas usage reduction targets.
- Attend and present energy efficiency programs at customer meetings, applicable trade shows and energy forums and events. Promoting energy conservation and representing the Enbridge brand.
- Able to provide technical guidance and solutions to engineers in energy conservation team.
- Drive energy conservation participation by prospecting and influencing customers, develop high-level business justification cases to help customers make decisions to proceed with projects.
- Minimum four or more years of project engineering or project management and sales experience in commercial sector environments.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to co-ordinate multiple projects.
- Membership in Professional Engineers of Ontario or similar professional organization.
- Energy Management certification (such as Certified Energy Manager).
- Operational knowledge or Design experience in HVAC, Boilers, and BAS control systems.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, able to operate independently but work with a team of like-minded professionals.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability and interpersonal skills.
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Engineering (preferred mechanical or electrical).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A